Re: [squid-users] redirect large files via second provider

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:55:10 +0100

mån 2008-12-08 klockan 07:30 -0800 skrev mvard:
> my squid box has 2 internet providers.
> how can it be configured to proxy large file downloads via concrete provider?

It's not possible to do it 100% right, but you can make very good
approximations.

Basically it boils down to using url patters to guess if a request is a
download or not, and then route the request appropriately, using either
cache peers or tcp_outgoing_address to select the isp to use.

use of tcp_outgoing_address requires a good understanding of how to
operate multihomed hosts.