Re: [squid-users] Multiple Subnets

From: Nick Sintros <nicksintros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:33:34 -0500

If we are using iptables
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 8080

would that cause it to appear as a redirect? or that fact that the
traffic is going through the dansguardian first?

I do think that maybe I have narrowed the problem down to an iptables
issue. If I do iptables -v -t nat -L it shows no packets being
filtered, even if I set a browser on one of the remote subnets to have
the squid's ip and port 80.

Here is a little bit more info about the setup.
squid listening on port 3128
dansguardian listening on port 8080 communicating to squid at
127.0.0.1 port 3128
iptables taking port 80 traffic and sending it to port 8080(where the
dansguardian gets it obviously). Pretty standard dansguardian/squid
transparent proxy setup I think. And it works fine on the subnet local
to the dansguardian/squid.

Thanks