RE: [squid-users] winbind directories permissions issue

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 10:52:39 +1300 (NZDT)

> because I

> on

> 09:58

> issue

>>>The squid.conf configured group forces override of any OS settings
> from
>>>squid point of view. Particularly to the effect of erasing membership
> of
>>>secondary groups and group aliases. Winbind only obeys and verifies
>>>against the OS settings, so there is a high likelyhood that your issue
>>>is a mismatch between the privileges seen by squid with group
> configured
>>>and the system settings.
>>>
>>>effective_group may have been needed in 2.5 and earlier and before we
>>>sorted out the winbind privileges system. But has really been obsolete
>>>since group membership was fixed in Squid-2.6.
>>>

>>Amos,
>>
>>many thks for your help .. I made the change yesterday morning and
> seems to be okay till now.
>>
>>I keep you informed later if this stays as is.
>
> I am back, sorry but the problem is happening again .... do you get some
> other ideas because this is becoming a real big issue here .. thks.

Sorry I haven't had much to do with winbind than we have already tried.
you are the first I've seen where these fixes have not worked.

Can you get a full "ls -la" trace of the directory content and permissions
at a time where it's working, and one where its not? Also a list of the
squid user name and the groups names it belongs to.

This will be needed by anyone who may be more able to help.

Amos