Re: [squid-users] Era time in logs from GMT to my GMT

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 07:43:04 +0100

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
<luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi squids,
>
> As you know, squid timestamp is based in GMT0 era time. I'm living at GMT -6
> but after doing my log pharsing report we realize that time is based as if you
> were at GMT0.
>
> Is there a way to tell squid to log with a -6 offset? I dont want to move my
> time at my server, because all other logs has time correctly.
>
> Best regards,

You can define a custom log format, see squid.conf or squid.conf.documented.
Be aware that this will probably break any log analysis tool which
expects the log to be in native squid format.

Alternatively you can translate the time when you read the log. See
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs#head-de34519356ecd6791303987f0ee79b043199374b

--
    /kinkie