Re: [squid-users] How to interrupt ongoing transfers?

From: Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:30:54 +0530 (IST)

Henrik, Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I guess I will have to take a look at the source, as you said. I will keep the list informed if I am able to solve this somehow. Thanks & Regards, Kaustav ----- Original Message ---- From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> To: Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas@yahoo.co.in> Cc: Squid <squid-users@squid-cache.org> Sent: Monday, 8 December, 2008 1:22:33 AM Subject: Re: [squid-users] How to interrupt ongoing transfers? mån 2008-12-08 klockan 00:31 +0530 skrev Kaustav Dey Biswas: > Actually, I need to implement the quota system as a part of my final > year Engineering project. I am planning to make it as a sort of an > add-on package over Squid, which will be compatible with all current > versions of Squid. As you can see, modifying the Squid source code is > not an option for me. There is no builtin feature in Squid to selectively abort active requests. Modifying the Squid source will be required for this. > Please let me know if there is any way (or workaround) by which I can > interrupt ongoing transfers in current versions of Squid without > having to patch & rebuild it. I guess you could do it at the network layer by faking RST packets to Squid or the client, but it's harder and more error prone than extending Squid. Regards Henrik Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/