Re: [squid-users] How to interrupt ongoing transfers?

From: Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:31:03 +0530 (IST)

Adrian, Thanks again for your quick response. I will take a look at the source code to see what I can do. Thanks & Regards, Kaustav ----- Original Message ---- From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@squid-cache.org> To: Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas@yahoo.co.in> Cc: Squid <squid-users@squid-cache.org> Sent: Monday, 8 December, 2008 7:22:13 AM Subject: Re: [squid-users] How to interrupt ongoing transfers? There isn't. Sorry. Adrian 2008/12/7 Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas@yahoo.co.in>: > Hi Adrian, > > Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. > > Actually, I need to implement the quota system as a part of my final year Engineering project. I am planning to make it as a sort of an add-on package over Squid, which will be compatible with all current versions of Squid. As you can see, modifying the Squid source code is not an option for me. > > Please let me know if there is any way (or workaround) by which I can interrupt ongoing transfers in current versions of Squid without having to patch & rebuild it. > > Thanks & Regards, > Kaustav > > > > ----- Original Message ---- > From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@squid-cache.org> > To: Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas@yahoo.co.in> > Cc: Squid <squid-users@squid-cache.org> > Sent: Saturday, 6 December, 2008 12:28:10 AM > Subject: Re: [squid-users] How to interrupt ongoing transfers? > > Someone may beat me to this, but I'm actually proposing a quote to a > company to implement quota services in Squid to support stuff just > like what you've asked for. > > I'll keep the list posted about this. Hopefully I'll get the green > light in a week or so and can begin work on implementing the > functionality in Squid-2. > > Thanks, > > > > Adrian > > 2008/12/5 Kaustav Dey Biswas <kaustav_deybiswas@yahoo.co.in>: >> Hi, >> >> I am a squid newbie. I am trying to set up daily download quotas for NCSA authorized users. I have a daemon running which checks the log files, and whnever the download limit is reached (for a particular user), it blocks that user in the config and reconfigures squid (squid -k reconfigure) for the changes to take effect. >> >> The problem is, if an http/ftp transfer is on (for that user), the changes made in the config doesnt take effect until that transfer session completes. >> >> Is there any way I can interrupt the transfer somehow (or say, force squid to re-read its ACL) without affecting sessions of other users? >> >> Thanks & Regards, >> Kaustav Dey Biswas > > > >      Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/ > > Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/