Re: [squid-users] template squid pages

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:46:17 +1300

░▒▓ ɹɐzǝupɐɥʞ ɐzɹıɯ ▓▒░ wrote:
> i want to change the frontend
> i already learn how to put image
> but i dont know how to edit with css :(
> if anyone have it ..
> maybe i can learn from it

Ah. Okay. You are using 3.1.0.3 right?

Only 3.1 contains code to correctly use the CSS in error pages.
That package installs with both the error page templates where you can
see the CSS hooks ( id="" ), and the errorpage.css file with the default
CSS in it to make the pages look similar to new Squid-cache.org website.

The W3C provide a simple tutorial at
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_examples.asp
which covers most of the things available in the squid error pages (ID's
and basic HTML text tags P, BLOCKQUOTE, DIV, H1, H2, HR).

The CSS in Squid breaks the page down into three boxes for #titles,
#content, and #footer. Then puts extra IDs on some unusual things like
the #sysmsg (message from OS subsystem) and #error (name of error
"Access Denied" etc.). These IDs are all visible in the default
errorpage.css file.

HTML tags inside each box can be referenced relative to them as needed
like this: #error p { color: red; }
which makes the error message text red for example, but does not change
any of the other text on the page.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3 or 3.0.STABLE11-RC1