Re: [squid-users] Netscape to Squid conversion Issues

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:01:18 +1300

Jan Welker wrote:
> Thanks for your help. It got me closer. My current config looks like this:
>
> http_port 8080 transparent
> cache_peer localhost parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=pac
> acl pac dstdomain proxy.company.com 192.168.0.10
> cache_peer_access pac allow pac
> never_direct allow pac
>
> 192.168.0.10 is the ip of proxy.company.com. It still does not work.
> The webserver hosting the pac file works fine. I checked that by
> browsing the pac file.
>
> Am I to stupid?

No. Just confused by the several types of advice that came out earlier.

To setup WPAD (the process of fetching a PAC) you use either DHCP or DNS.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Technology/WPAD/DNS

Normally squid does not get involved in the WPAD process. I advise
getting it going without squid in the mix before trying anything more fancy.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3 or 3.0.STABLE11-RC1