Re: [squid-users] How to limit user access

From: Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 01:51:44 +0600

In my setup, I limit heavy download sites between 6:00pm and 2:00am (2 hrs
past midnight) on weekdays, and between 12:00pm and 2:00am on weekends (for
us, it is Fri and Sat). By limiting, I allow the first 50MB of data
transfer to go through uninterrupted, after which it is restricted to
256kbps (bits vs bytes in the config below).

acl peak time F A 12:00-18:00
acl peak time S M T W H F A 18:00-23:59
acl peak time S M T W H F A 00:00-02:00
acl heavysites dstdomain .rapidshare.com
acl heavysites dstdomain .rapidshare.de
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_access 1 allow peak heavysites
delay_access 1 deny all
delay_parameters 1 32000/50000000

This is a whole proxy wide setting, and would limit anybody using the proxy,
not on single user basis. For that you would need to define a class 3 delay
pool.

Hope it helps.

Regards
HASSAN