Re: [squid-users] squid and dansguardian

From: Kevin Kimani <kevinkimani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 05:53:05 +0300

Am using squid 2.6.stable6 with CentOS 5.1 as the Operating system.
The setup is that the users go through dansguardian first then squid
where the authentication takes place. Am using dansguardian version
2.10.0.1 which has an authpluging for proxy authentication which will
help in SARG analysis.
Auth is configured using the script wbinfo.pl in squid for specific
groups to be able to browse. Without dansguardian, the clients are
able to access the internet without any problems like a transparent
proxy but when i introduce dans, an authentication dialogue pops up.
When i set it up in my test environment it works well but when i set
it up in the clients site, it starts to misbehave.

Is this ok!