Re: [squid-users] Handling websites that switch between http & https

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:39:00 +1300

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> Define 'connection'. I suspect what you think of as a connection is not
>> related to HTTP connections.
>
> Amos,
> Appreciate your help here, why I theorize connection was because what happens
> when an SSL session is started versus a simple HTTP session. This is all related
> to our users getting yahoo mail, the session toggles back and forth and I suspect
> that is what is causing them to be logged out of the mail interface when attempting
> to dl an attachment. I was thinking that had something to do with the proxy handling
> the http versus the proxy passing through http.
>
> Could I possibly tell squid to always do something with .yahoo.com such that a session
> whether it be http or https from a server connection point of view be the same?

This is closely related to the Keep-Alive: and Connection: header of
HTTP. You can check that by following the headers sent/received by Squid
and the yahoo server.

To get around this you would need Squid to maintain two simultaneous
persistent connections (one for HTTP and one for HTTPS requests). I'm
not too sure about Squid behavior in the area of duplicate connections.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3 or 3.0.STABLE11-RC1