[squid-users] Transparent proxy and NTLM auth

From: Johnson, S <sjohnson_at_edina.k12.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:17:15 -0600

I've got the proxy work great with setting the browser configuration.
Now I'm trying to get the transparent piece working so I added the
"http_port 3128 transparent" and set the IPTABLES rule to route the
packets from 80 to 3128. I can see that this piece is working as it's
logging my attempts in the squid/access.log file.

In switching between transparent and not-transparent I see that the
source IP address switches from 127.0.0.1 (not-transparent) to my local
PC IP address in transparent mode. I think because of this I'm getting
an access denied. Trouble is... What in squid controls this?

  Any ideas?

 Thanks!
   Scott