[squid-users] collapsed_forwarding and logging

From: Ross J. Reedstrom <reedstrm_at_rice.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:53:25 -0600

Hey all -
Recently turned on collapsed_forwarding for an reverse-proxy accelerator
setup we use. Love it, especially for dealing with the Range: request
storms some media browser plugins seem to like to generate. My only
gripe right now is that all of the satisfied requests get logged as a
cache MISS. Anyone have a way to distinguish a MISS that got passed
through to the origin server from one that got collapsed? I'd like to
count them as effective-cache-hits, since they stopped additional load
on the actual content servers. Some obscure custom-log-format code,
perhaps?

Ross

--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm_at_rice.edu
Systems Engineer & Admin, Research Scientist        phone: 713-348-6166