Re: [squid-users] collapsed_forwarding and logging

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:38:51 +1300

Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
> Hey all -
> Recently turned on collapsed_forwarding for an reverse-proxy accelerator
> setup we use. Love it, especially for dealing with the Range: request
> storms some media browser plugins seem to like to generate. My only
> gripe right now is that all of the satisfied requests get logged as a
> cache MISS. Anyone have a way to distinguish a MISS that got passed
> through to the origin server from one that got collapsed? I'd like to
> count them as effective-cache-hits, since they stopped additional load
> on the actual content servers. Some obscure custom-log-format code,
> perhaps?
>
> Ross

Unlikely in Squid-2. Collapsed forwarding is due a re-work for Squid-3
though so if you have any additions feel free to ad them to the wiki
development plan:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CollapsedForwarding

I'm thinking a TCP_SHARED status type for secondary links like this.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3