[squid-users] TCP_MISS 407 Error

From: Jack, Andrew <AJack_at_fnb.co.za>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:39:43 +0200

Hi there, I'm trying to forward requests from a Squid proxy to our Blue
Coat proxy which requires authentication.

I'm running Squid NT 2.7 Stable 5 since I figured setting up AD
Authentication would be easier on a Windows server then on a Linux one
since my Linux knowledge is a bit limited.

All I'm getting back if I check the access.log is TCP_MISS/407

Everything else looks correct but it seems that the credentials are not
being passed to the Blue Coat proxy.

This is the contents of my squid.conf:

acl myfoo proxy_auth REQUIRED src all

http_access allow myfoo

http_port 3128

cache_peer myproxy parent 8080 3130 login=3DPASS no-query

auth_param ntlm program c:/squid/libexec/mswin_ntlm_auth.exe
auth_param ntlm children 5

auth_param basic program c:/squid/libexec/mswin_auth.exe
auth_param basic children 5

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Andrew Jack
To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer_at_fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.