Re: [squid-users] Re: cache issues

From: Maoz <maozza_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:21:52 +0200

Hello Amos,

Thank you for your answer!
I do not use expire header, my problem is that I only have Cache-Control
max-age headers on my dynamic pages (no Last-Modified) and I really need
to cache this pages according to the max-age headers.

what will be the best way to do it?

Set header on apache to the system time environment variable, can it be
done?
Or is there a way to overcome this issue with the squid configuration,
and force the caching even though it have no Last-Modified headers?
is that other way without changing my application?

I tried the following configuring on squid but nothing work for me.

refresh_pattern JHTML 60 75% 360 ignore-reload ignore-no-cache
ignore-no-store override-lastmod override-expire
acl JHTML urlpath_regex .*\.jhtml
no_cache deny JHTML
cache allow JHTML

#Ignore force reload to send reqest to the server
refresh_pattern . 0 100% 86400 ignore-reload
refresh_pattern (\.jhtml|\.html) 0 75% 350 ignore-reload ignore-no-store
override-lastmod

thanks again
Maoz