Re: [squid-users] Re: cache issues

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:53:05 +1300

Maoz wrote:
> I find out what was the reason for not caching the .jhtml file, it was
> missing validator (Etag and Last-Modified) header on the origin.
>
> Now the BIG question,
> Is anybody know how to force caching (regardless the Cache-Control
> header) if there are no validator headers on the object?

Please upgrade your Squid. 3.0 has been in STABLEs for a year nowand
tehre are a very many issues fixed for the early PRE releases.

Expires: header indicated an explicit time (past, current, future) in
the page needs to be e-fetched. Squid will cache from time of receipt
until that time by first preference.

Amos

--
Please be using