Re: [squid-users] Noob question about file types

From: zlotvor <ztardik_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:25:39 -0800 (PST)

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:

> If the browser indicates it accepts compressed versions, then fails to
> decompress you need something to decompress in transit. Simply changing
> the filename will result in error pages.
>
> If you are keen you might want to try Squid-3.1 and the brand new
> compression eCAP library.
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/eCAP

I forget to say that after saving to disk every browser will show the file
without problem. That's cause I think changing the file extension would
help. It seems I was wrong.
Maybe I am wrong, but how this wold help? Description on the site say
"providing GZIP content-encoding / HTTP compression for SQUID". I think that
I need decompression, or not?

Zoltan