Re: [squid-users] need tool to check proxy server ?

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:30:01 +0100

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:04 AM, J. Bakshi <joydeep_at_infoservices.in> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> what are the command line tool available in linux to check/test the
> proxy server ?
> Is there any web-based tool to do the same ? I like to test my remote
> squid proxy server running on my dedicated server ?

It depends on the level of automation you want to use, and what kind
of information you're after.

For hand-driven tests, 'squidclient' is just fine, or you can use wget.
For availability testing, nagios is very popular.
For performance tests, apachebench ('ab') is very basic but does the job.
If you wish to do long-term performance monitoring, your best choices
are munin, cacti or rrdtool.

--
    /kinkie