Re: AW: [squid-users] WWW-Authenticate header field

From: bijayant kumar <bijayant4u_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 03:20:18 -0800 (PST)

Bijayant Kumar

--- On Thu, 5/2/09, Markus.Rietzler_at_rzf.fin-nrw.de <Markus.Rietzler_at_rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> From: Markus.Rietzler_at_rzf.fin-nrw.de <Markus.Rietzler_at_rzf.fin-nrw.de>
> Subject: AW: [squid-users] WWW-Authenticate header field
> To: bijayant4u_at_yahoo.com
> Cc: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Date: Thursday, 5 February, 2009, 3:23 PM
> >
> >I wont, but can provide you everything which I can get
> on the
> >squid server. For further troubleshooting when
> connecting I am
> >also getting
> >
> >Alert!: Invalid header 'WWW-Authenticate:
> Negotiate'
> >Alert!: Invalid header 'WWW-Authenticate: NTLM'
> >
> >And after that that 401 error code with message
> >
> >You are not authorized to view this page
>

> as this error message indicates your are using IIS with
> integrated NTLM
> user authentication. with using IE (and without squid) you
> shouldn't see
> any password prompt at all.
This is not the case. When I am accessing without the squid, I am getting the username and password prompt. and after giving the right credentials I am able to see the pages also. But in the case of squid, I am not.

> you have to configure squid to support NTLM auth via proxy.

It means I have to configure same user and password as in webserver for the squid also. Then I have to authenticate two times, first with squid and second with the webserver. Am I right ?