[squid-users] Caching of Windows- and other Updates, Streams, etc...?

From: Wolfgang Scheicher <worf_at_sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 00:20:47 +0100

I'm trying to find ways to reduce the traffic caused by the rather bandwith
intense Software updates.

I found quite some posts in this list that discuss the problems, like
downloads being split up into parts and requested from various locations, and
that it could be possible to have squid 2.7 still cache this downloads by
rewriting the storeurl.
I experimented quite a while with the config snippets i found, but didn't get
very far.

So, what is the current state?
Can it be done? And if so, could one help me doing so?

Worf