Re: [squid-users] Caching of Windows- and other Updates, Streams, etc...?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 01:34:57 +1300

Wolfgang Scheicher wrote:
> I'm trying to find ways to reduce the traffic caused by the rather bandwith
> intense Software updates.
>
> I found quite some posts in this list that discuss the problems, like
> downloads being split up into parts and requested from various locations, and
> that it could be possible to have squid 2.7 still cache this downloads by
> rewriting the storeurl.
> I experimented quite a while with the config snippets i found, but didn't get
> very far.
>
> So, what is the current state?
> Can it be done? And if so, could one help me doing so?
>
> Worf

cacheing of partial requests is still not supported by any squid.

You can in some places use quick_abort* and range_* settings to force
squid to always download the whole object and cache it.
Be wary, this can be bad for performance on very large objects (ie Vista
Service packs, or linux ISOs)

Amos

--
Please be using