Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy environment (squid3 + tproxy)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 01:45:10 +1300

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 06.02.09 13:29, Mikio Kishi wrote:
>> I'd like to build the transparent proxy environment using "squid3 +
>> tproxy" (http://www.balabit.com/support/community/products/tproxy/).
>>
>> I researched it on the Internet, but I didn't know which combination
>> of each (squid, tproxy, and also linux kernel) version is the best
>> right now.
>
> latest, latest, latest?
>
> You can shoose between squid 2.7 and 3.1 since they have different
> functionality.

hmm, functionality is the same I thought.. setup and requirements are
very different.

2.7 has the old Tproxy v2.2 (cttproxy) which has may online how-tos, but
is officially obsolete.

3.1 has TProxy v4.1+ which is new and not much help around yet, on the
whole IMO it's easier, what we have is detailed (with some DL links) at:
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4

Amos

--
Please be using