Re: [squid-users] Squid Problem.....!

From: jjrowan <squid_user_at_rownetco.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 04:41:54 -0500

M. Asghar Nazir wrote:
> Dear All friends,
>
> I am new with squid installation and setup. I have installed two NIC cards in my pc....! one with public address and one with my local LAN address scheme. I have successfully installed squid on my linux machine. When I configure mozilla firefox browser with localhost:3128 port using proxying setting. internet working fine. But when any client of my LAN try to access internet using proxy setting with 192.168.0.1:3128 internet not work.
>
> plz advise how my LAN user access internet using my squid server.
>
> Regards

First the C in NIC is card, you don't need to say NIC card, just NIC.

You have two NICs in your PC. Is your "PC" your linux machine?
Is the firewall on the Linux machine set up to allow port 3128 from
devices on 192.168.0.x?

If your firewall is configured to allow LAN clients access to port 3128
have you tried running WireShark to capture packets on the private
Ethernet interface while clients are trying to access the proxy server?

Sorry about the blank reply earlier.