[squid-users] Multi-process or Single Thread?

From: howard chen <howachen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:23:13 +0800

Hello,

I have a SMP quad core server (effective core = 8).

Currently my squid is just serving 7 sites using single squid process
(behind a load balancer, as a reverse proxy).

The disk is a RAID 5 system.

So it is recommended to just use a single thread like current setup,
or to fork squid process listening on different port(e.g. one port for
one web sites, so end up I might have 7 squid processing running on
the same server, bind to the load banlancer)

Any comments?

Thanks.