Re: [squid-users] antivirus for squid proxy

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:29:03 +0100 (CET)

> Greetings,
>
> Without trying to hijack this thread, I'm curious what you are using for
> your ICAP server?

Avira Webgate as well as kav4proxy come with their own icap server
implementation. You just need to configure Squid's icap client.
For clamav there is c_icap. Just google for it. Its an opensource project
available at sourceforge.net.

I currently run a 1-month trial from Avira. The icap respmod did not work
although I set it up according to Avira's icap documentation. The icap
server always responded with status code 500.
I did not dig deeper as I first wanted to see Avira's performance. So I
chained the two proxies.

Philipp