Re: [squid-users] Problem accessing x-shockwave-flash objects with squid -3.0.STABLE10

From: bijayant kumar <bijayant4u_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:48:20 -0800 (PST)

Bijayant Kumar

--- On Tue, 17/2/09, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Problem accessing x-shockwave-flash objects with squid -3.0.STABLE10
> To: bijayant4u_at_yahoo.com
> Cc: "squid users" <squid-users_at_squid-cache.org>
> Date: Tuesday, 17 February, 2009, 6:25 PM
> bijayant kumar wrote:
> >
> > Bijayant Kumar
> >

> > --- On Tue, 17/2/09, Chris Robertson
> <crobertson_at_gci.net> wrote:
> >
> >> From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
> >> Subject: Re: [squid-users] Problem accessing
> x-shockwave-flash objects with squid -3.0.STABLE10
> >> To: "squid users"
> <squid-users_at_squid-cache.org>
> >> Date: Tuesday, 17 February, 2009, 3:06 AM
> <bijayant4u_at_yahoo.com>

> pages
> >> while accessing through the squid. I am using
> >> Squid-3.0.STABLE10 in transparent mode with
> minimal basic
> >> configuration. Only edited the http_port line and
> cache_dir
> >> line.My problem is when I am accessing pages
> containing some
> >> flash images, the flash images are not shown. But
> when I am
> >> bypassing the proxy, pages are rendering well. I
> do not what
> >> is the reason.

> browser addon
> >> like live http headers.
> >
> > Sorry, I did not understand what to look because from
> the same browser I am getting the page using a different
> Squid.
>
> You need to use some tool that will show you the HTTP
> headers going out in the request and the headers coming
> back. That may show any transit brokenness.

Any specific tool or any pointer, I am not aware of such tool :(

> log
> >> files to see?
> > In the access log it is showing the files but with the
> TCP_REFRESH_HIT and TCP_IMS_HIT/304 and after the url its
> logging as NONE/-.
> >

> NONE means squid detected something broke (or the
> connection closed) before the request could be properly
> received.

If this is the case, then how to solve this issue?

> >> Alternatively, see
> >>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/BrokenWindowSize
> >>
> >> Chris
> > I did this but no luck. The strange thing I forgot to
> mention in my post that when I am accessing this website
> through my test machine's Squid Cache: Version
> 3.0.STABLE10 and with the same browser(Firefox), I am
> getting the page with full feature. Version of squid on the
> local test machine and on the Gateway are same :( . The OS
> is also same, its Gentoo.
> >
> > And one more thing I noticed that some image files
> also are not loading. In the logs, for every request to that
> page in question I am getting NONE/-
> >
> > What should I do now or check? Please tell me.
>
> Check also the cache.log or some minutes leading up to the
> access.log entry. There may be a message about whats being
> detected as gone wrong.
> If necessary raise debug to "debug_options ALL,1"
> for a information overview.

I tried this with "debug_options ALL,1" and "debug_options ALL,2". But I did not get any error or warning in cache.log. What I got in cache.log was simple information like this page is allowed because it matched localnet.

In access.log
1234927963.504 623 10.8.137.6 TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/304 448 GET http://www.tulsaboneandjoint.com/flash/banner-subpage-image.swf - DIRECT/70.87.76.19 -

I tried directly accessing this swf file in my browser. From my test installation machine's squid I am getting the image but not from this Gateway's Squid.

When I did "debug_options ALL,3" in cache.log, it generated around 175 lines. Most of the stuff I did not understand. If you say I can copy paste thos logs as well.

I am not able to understand that is it the Squid installation issue or OS issue because on the same architecture with the same Squid version I am able to access the images and swf files but not from this squid.