[squid-users] Fwd: failure notice

From: Karandeep Malik <karandeepmalik_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:14:48 +0530

Hi,

I intend to install squid 3.0 is my env, suich that it accepts both http and
https request on seperate ports. The intent is that for http requests it
would use the port 80, and for https (http with ssl ) I would go for port
443.

The https requests would ideally be tunnelled from the squid Server

Http

Client -------->Squid-----> Main Server

Https
        Tunneling SSL handshake

I am unsure about the right ACL for http_port and https_port for these
purpose. the confusion also comes from the fact that https_port is used for
reverse proxy accelerator mode (will it also work for Forward proxy
Tunneling ??)

Please help

Regards,
Karandeep Malik