[squid-users] POP3 and SMTP

From: Arun Shrimali <arun.reso_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:05:09 +0530

Dear Experts,

I know this is no way related to squid, but while googling I found
that lots of squid users are finding solution for this (me also).

I have setup a squid 3.0 STABLE7 over fedora 9 with NCSA
authentication. Which is working perfectly (thanks to Squid)

But new few of my internal users want to configure pop3 and smtp to
access mails from mail server which is situated outside network. As
this Linux server (F9 with squid) is working as gateway (with NICs),
how can we route the pop3 traffic (I know, as I said is not related to
squid BUT WOULD BE USEFUL TO LOTS OF SQUID USERS, atleast who are
newbie in Linux).

Can any expert pen down few steps here to create a logical hole in
firewall, an easy setup to allow such traffic.

regards

Arun