[squid-users] connecting to gmail via imap over squid

From: sameer shinde <s9sameer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:00:32 +0530

I'm using squid3.0 as our proxy server to serve the internet users,
which is working fine. Now I want users to access IMAP(say gmail on imap)
over my proxy.
Can anyone let me know, How do I do this?
Is there any way I can do it with squid? Is there any other way?

So far what I've read on google is, as squid is an http proxy,
it only supports http/ftp protocol. not fully for even https.
Is there any other way to proxy remaining protocols like imap/imap4/pop3/smtp

Sameer Shinde.
M:- +91 98204 61580
Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.