Re: [squid-users] connecting to gmail via imap over squid

From: Angela Williams <angie_at_eoh.co.za>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:09:56 +0200

On Thursday 26 February 2009, sameer shinde wrote:
> I'm using squid3.0 as our proxy server to serve the internet users,
> which is working fine. Now I want users to access IMAP(say gmail on imap)
> over my proxy.

Squid is an http proxy and has no means to proxy imap traffic!

> Can anyone let me know, How do I do this?
> Is there any way I can do it with squid? Is there any other way?

Not with squid but it depends on what platform squid is running on.
If it is linux then iptables can solve the problem.
Anything else you will have to solve yourself!

Cheers
Ang

--
Angela Williams				Enterprise Outsourcing
Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here!		Bedfordview