[squid-users] Squid server as transparent proxy and problem with Rapid Share

From: Azhar H. Chowdhury <azhar_at_citechco.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 14:38:04 +0600

Hi,

We are running ISP and have few cache+proxy servers running Squid as
transparent. Lots of our clients have been
using site like rapidshare from where they download files/program without
having an account.

But problem is that when a user trying to download off rapidshare it says
his/her IP address (Squid server IP)
already downloading a file and to wait until it is finished or ask to come
back after 30 mins.

How can we overcome this problem? How can we bypass totally rapidshare so
rapidshare server can
see the clients IP as his/her own public IP not squid server's IP address?

Can any body help?

Cheers

Azhar

believed to be clean.