Re: [squid-users] How to make Squid to cache JSP redirected pages?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:36:56 +1300

fulan Peng wrote:
> Hi,
> When I want to cache a Tomcat site which its index.jsp has a command
> to redirect the browser to another pages, Squid is getting lost, the
> browser shows the redirected page but the port number is wrong. Is
> there any way to handle this situation? I am using Squid 3.0 and
> setting up a reverse proxy.
> Thanks!

The tomcat JSP application does not sound to be proxy-aware. It's giving
out its internal ip/fqdn:port info rather than the public details it should.

Best fix is to correct the JSP app to not care about its operating port.

Hack fix #1, is to get tomcat listening on an internal IP port 80, so
the port does not get sent by the app.

Hack fix #2, is to get Squid to listen on the public IP same ports as
tomcat is sending out. So as to catch back into sequence the visitors
who get redirected wrong.

Amos

--
Please be using