Re: [squid-users] How to make Squid to cache JSP redirected pages?

From: fulan Peng <fulanpeng_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:18:31 -0400

Thank you,Amos!

Due to security reasom, Tomcat do not like to run as a root.
I was using ipfw to forward port 443 to Tomcat's 8443
In my squid machine, I setup squid to listening 8443.
When the index.jsp page work, it redirect the browser to
https://tomcat:443/the redirected page, which is really the
https://tomcat:8443/redirected page.

If we can cache just a partial of a web site, such as
http://host/one-context-of-tomcat
Then we can resolve the problem becuase inside the context, I know
there is not JSP page would redirect us again.
I remember Apache can do this. But Apache to be a reverse proxy is terrible.

Thanks!