[squid-users] SquidNT service starts thenm stops immediately - running squid.exe manually works fine though?

From: Rick Payton <rick_at_mai-hawaii.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:31:03 -1000

Aloha everyone,

        I copied over my working SquidNT 2.7 Stable 2 from my 32 bit
Windows Server 2003 to my new Windows Server 2003 x64. I rebuilt the
cache, but didn't touch the squid.conf file (I copied from C:/Squid to
C:/Squid). Squid installs as a service just fine, but as soon as I start
it under x64 it shuts down immediately. Yet if I do: squid -d 10 -X it
loads up just fine, and even adheres to my configured whitelist of
websites, if I deviate from the list Squid tells me via the web page.

It just WONT start as a service under x64, and even the squid.exe.log
file is at 0 bytes. Anyone have any experience?

Rick Payton, I.T. Manager
Morikawa & Associates, LLC
(808) 572-1745 Office
(808) 442-0978 eFax