[squid-users] reverse proxy - accessing services on ports other than 80

From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo_at_wpkg.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:57:04 +0100

If I understand correctly, setting up a reverse proxy requires a DNS
entry for a webserver pointed at the Squid machine.

This means, packets trying to reach other ports (i.e. 443, 110 etc.) on
the original webserver will also hit Squid machine.

How do I solve this problem, other than changing DNS entries?

I can technically use pop.example.tld:110 (with a different IP) instead
of example.tld:110, but I would still like to access :443 port without
having to add certificates to Squid.
With one domain it would be easy (just redirect ports), but I would like
to use reverse Squid proxy for multiple domains.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org