Re: [squid-users] how to allow ftp connection through squid proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:17:28 +1200 (NZST)

> i have inserted the ftp_access allow all command but squid says on parsing
>
> cache_cf.cc(346) squid.conf:73 unrecognized: 'ftp_access'
>
> ???
> I have also tried to lookup that command on my squid books, but no clue.

Ah fu, sorry. Custom builds screwing with my mind.

By default in squid 2.6+ (not sure about older) it just works, no special
config needed.

lets go back to basics:
  are you trying to use squid as a standard proxy for FTP? or intercept
the FTP port into squid?

The first is what I'm talking about, the second does not work at all.

Amos