Re: [squid-users] Squid + Antivirus

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:13:56 +1300

projproxy_at_libero.it wrote:
> Hi,
> I´d like to have some answers about using squid with an antivirus.
> I´m using squid as webproxy and I would like to set an antivirus to check all
> squid is passing to the end-user.
> I found some information about Clamav...but the problem is that no example
> of configuration with squid and my aim was mentioned.
> -Is it possible to now wich kind of line should I configure in squid to let
> check by Clamav what squid is proxying?

IIRC Clam permits either a custom ACL or redirector doing fancy
background load-save-scan-permit/deny or with Squid-3 it can do ICAP
much simpler.

Others like NOD32 act like child/parent proxies to pull info through.

Websense IIRC maybe is a redirector when linked to Squid?

> -If Clamav is not a good solution (relationed to squid) could you please give
> me an advice about a good antivirus I could use with squid (and possibly some
> informations about the way to configure it)?

I've heard people mention good stuff about squid integration with
ClamAV, HAVP, NOD32.
There may be others I' haven't heard of yet.

hope that helps you some. no configs though.

> I´m really satisfy from squid, and I´d like to bring finally this project out
> of the test phase.
> Thanks in advance to everybody.

Indeed I'd like to get this into the wiki ASAP.

Is anyone able to either add a ConfigExamples page for it or publish
details here?

Amos

--
Please be using