[squid-users] AD authentiction with squid]

From: Benedict simon <simon_at_kmun.gov.kw>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:35:22 +0300 (AST)

Thanks guys for your earlier replies but jus create a new post so that i
can explain myself more clearly

we have Centos OS server running squid for quite sometime with no problems
we also have a win2003 AD Server
Centos 5
squid-2.6.STABLE6-5.el5_1.3

we do hav a official plan to implement domain for all users
for example:

A USER HAS TO LOG ON TO DOMAIN TO GET INTERNET .
if a user does not logon the ADS internet access will be denied but he can
access the local network

after googling arround
i start to work on the below

http://www.itinfusion.ca/linux/squid-proxy-server-with-windows-ad-authentication/

i managed wellto have my linux box to authenticate with AD server runing
the following command

/usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -v 3 -b "dc=baladia,dc=local" -D
"cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=baladia,dc=local" -w "xxxxxx" -f
sAMAccountName=%s -h aa.aa.aa.aa

where xxxxxxx is the password of administrator
aa.aa.aa.aa is the IP address of AD server

after i put the username n password
i get OK so authentication is OK

now i implemented the above in squid and the dialog box pops up as usual
when i access a website . if i put the username n password correct of the
user existing in my ADS internet is allowed if its not correct internet
access is not allowed
this is fine

but whether the user logs in to DOMAIN OR NOT he is allowed internet
through the squid proxy as long as he enters the user name and password
corectly of the ADS user.

but my main purpose is to allow internet only if he logs into ADS and if
he does not login to ADS he should be denied internet access

apprecite your kind help
or some links which will help me

or will the above link help me to achieve this
since im already worked on the above for quite sometime

regards

simon

regards
n thnks once again