Re: [squid-users] squid TPROXY and empty access.log

From: Jack Daniels <mlrepos_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:15:36 +0100

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> Okay. It looks like the requests are not actually going through Squid.

Thank you again for your reply.
It seems strange. I know only that if I stop Squid process, the client
behind Tproxy-Squid cannot reach any website.
The client can reach http pages only when Squid is running and is in
Tproxy mode.

> What cache.log is incrementing by is the startup operational info. No
> actual requests. Once squid reaches a state where it can receive requests
> it justs sits idle and checks the garbage collection occasionally.

Is it due to a wrong configuration or a wrong version? As you have
already seen all configurations seems ok and all the necessary steps
have been made.

Have you any other suggestions? Maybe it is only a problem of versions
(I'm just hypothesizing..). Could you suggest me a right combination
of versions to use Tproxyv4? (kernel+iptables+squid).

Thank you in advance.