Re: [squid-users] squid TPROXY and empty access.log

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:49:00 +1300

Jack Daniels wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Okay. It looks like the requests are not actually going through Squid.
>
> Thank you again for your reply.
> It seems strange. I know only that if I stop Squid process, the client
> behind Tproxy-Squid cannot reach any website.
> The client can reach http pages only when Squid is running and is in
> Tproxy mode.
>
>> What cache.log is incrementing by is the startup operational info. No
>> actual requests. Once squid reaches a state where it can receive requests
>> it justs sits idle and checks the garbage collection occasionally.
>
> Is it due to a wrong configuration or a wrong version? As you have
> already seen all configurations seems ok and all the necessary steps
> have been made.
>
> Have you any other suggestions? Maybe it is only a problem of versions
> (I'm just hypothesizing..). Could you suggest me a right combination
> of versions to use Tproxyv4? (kernel+iptables+squid).

Only the kernel 2.6.28+ iptables 1.4.3+ and Squid 3.1.* which you are
already using.

next step would be to perhapse try with "debug_options ALL,9" in
squid.conf and see if more data gets into cache.log.

If that fails too, try the netfilter lists and see if someone in the
kernel crowd has more insight into the packet behavior.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6