Re: [squid-users] squid and ICAP

From: <projproxy_at_libero.it>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:10:25 +0100 (CET)

Alway thanks for your quick answer!!!
In theory Clamav doesn´t support directly Icap: it needs a little "help"
from
an icap server and in linux is eventually available with c-icap.
The problem is that c-icap doesn´t exist for windows (or at list I didn´t
find a icap server for windows).
Now I choose only for this reason to send from squid the request to
safesquid
cause this last it configure perfectly with clamav.

The question now is, exist any kind of method to let squid "speak" directly
with clamav in windows?
Or my only chance is to use squid for the authentication and the policies
with absolutely no cache and set in squid configuration safesquid as parent
proxy in order to lookup always at the parent proxy and let so analyze
everythink by clamav???

What do you think?

Thanks really for your help.
Hope a solution is possible.