Re: [squid-users] Squid daily releases

From: The Doctor <doctor_at_doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 06:19:45 -0600

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 01:52:58PM +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> > Using 3.1.0.6
> >
> > What has changed between 0308 and today?
> >
> > I compiled today's release and got no access complains and had to switch
> > back
> > to 20090308?
> >
> > What happened?
>
> Sorry about that. We can only assure that is builds. The run-time behavior
> is not as well auto-tested as we would like. (volunteers for adding unit
> tests?)
>
> Quite a lot of code shuffling is going on this month. Some of it is
> bringing out C++ linkage oddities. The worst of them are hitting 3.HEAD,
> but some has leaked into 3.1 snapshots.
>
> We are working really hard on locating all of the current issues and
> fixing/testing in HEAD before porting the results back to 3.1.
>
> Amos

I understand however 08 to 25 is about 17 itereations.

Unlike OPenSLL and INN which I grab the daily releases,
I have not incorporated this into squid.

The problem was that remote client could not proxy yesterday when
I grabbed the 20090325 package and
that forced me to switch back to 3.0.1.6 - 20080308 .

--
Member - Liberal International	This is doctor_at_nl2k.ab.ca
Ici doctor_at_nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!