Re: [squid-users] Can a guru verify my config?

From: rightfoot <forums_at_logicore.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 18:16:25 -0700 (PDT)

>Hello,
>I'm placing a few details you may need to be aware of inline to reply to
>your latest post, followed by the help you asked for in your first post.

Thank you very much Amos, your reply was very helpful, informative,
encouraging, and I'll get to reading right after this reply.
I've been on the Internet for many many years and am simply saddened by the
countless replies which are basically just 'go read more'. I understand that
it's frustrating because folks come in, ask questions, don't learn, then
move on but it's not always because they are trying to take and give nothing
back.

People give back in various ways, even if they don't give back in the
forums. If they achieve what they want to do, they encourage who knows how
many others to take on Linux, to give it a try, to help make a difference in
that we all have choices for the future and it's not a world of Microsoft
only.

So yes, I did, read, yes, I did look for a pre-made config because the hours
I spent trying to get one working never worked out so I needed a starting
point, to see what a working configuration looks like, then I can start
learning the sections, one at a time. Anyhow, again, thanks, you reply has
really helped to give me some direction and I'm off to read the proper
materials now. I'll follow up once I've gotten to some new stage.

PS: I didn't even realize that this is a mailing list, guess I've never seen
one in this format :).

Mike