Re: [squid-users] Can a guru verify my config?

From: Pieter De Wit <pieter_at_insync.za.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 03:21:31 +0200 (SAST)

> When you are confidant about this going, we can move on to the HTTPS and
> failover questions.
>
> Amos

Hi Guys,

Sorry that I am "dropping" in on this thread, but it reminded me that I
need to find this out.

I am working on a "active-active" firewall for a customer. It will be two
Linux boxes (Gentoo for now) running VRRP to publish a virtual IP. I have
done the firewall setup so that connections can failover between the boxes
(takes about 30 seconds - I am sure the heartbeat can be set to less) but
it works ok :)

Now - the tricker part. Let say someone is currently busy with a download,
can squid do a failover of the connection ? If so, mind pointing me to the
setup docs ?

If this is going to be a feature to add to squid, then I am happy to take
it to the dev mailing list and "propose" something there.

Please accept my best attempt at ASCII art :)

    |eth2 |eth2
|NODE1| |NODE2|
| |--eth1---eth1--| |
    |eth0 |eth0