Re: [squid-users] Squid Scalability

From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh_at_gcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:40:20 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Thank you. Added.
> What sort of CPU load does it run under?

Very high, but the web still feels reasonably responsive in general. The
load average peaked yesterday at 9 but this is since I reduced the cache
size. It hit 30 last week which is when I decided the cache (or perhaps
the hit rate) was too high for the disk.

http://deathcab.gcd.ie/munin/gcd.ie/watcher.gcd.ie.html
http://deathcab.gcd.ie/munin/gcd.ie/watcher.gcd.ie-squid_response_time.html
http://deathcab.gcd.ie/munin/gcd.ie/watcher.gcd.ie-load.html

> And being linux is it running AUFS cache_dir?

It is indeed. On reiserfs with noatime,nodiratime,notail and heap LFUDA.
1.7GB RAM cache.

Gavin