Re: [squid-users] Squid Scalability

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 22:01:26 +1200

Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 06 Apr 2009, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> Thank you. Added.
>> What sort of CPU load does it run under?
>
> Very high, but the web still feels reasonably responsive in general. The
> load average peaked yesterday at 9 but this is since I reduced the cache
> size. It hit 30 last week which is when I decided the cache (or perhaps
> the hit rate) was too high for the disk.

Ah, sorry I meant CPU load as reported by Squid in %:

"It can be extracted from the "general runtime information" or "info"
cachemgr page. It's the value marked "CPU Usage" "

> http://deathcab.gcd.ie/munin/gcd.ie/watcher.gcd.ie.html
> http://deathcab.gcd.ie/munin/gcd.ie/watcher.gcd.ie-squid_response_time.html
> http://deathcab.gcd.ie/munin/gcd.ie/watcher.gcd.ie-load.html
>
>> And being linux is it running AUFS cache_dir?
>
> It is indeed. On reiserfs with noatime,nodiratime,notail and heap LFUDA.
> 1.7GB RAM cache.
>
> Gavin

Okay, we've reached the edge of my storage-specific performance
knowledge. I hope someone knows a bit more and can educate us both on a
good fix :)

Amos

--
Please be using