Re: [squid-users] Squid Reverse proxy cache Storage for Vhosts

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 20:01:09 +1200

Prabhakar, Ramprasad (GE, Corporate, consultant) wrote:
> For a squid reverse proxy cache, is there a way to set squid to use a
> single cache storage for all the virtual hosts it hosts ?
>
> For example,
> abc.domain.com, cde.domain.com, fgh.domain.com all point to the same
> site.
> Will Squid storage abc.domain.com/image.png, cde.domain.com/image.png
> separately in the cache (even though they are same files?) or will it
> use the same cache storage ? If not, can we configure squid to use the
> same ?

You should reduce the domains down and only provide one namespace domain
for the duplicate content. This will solve the caching issue for both
yourself and for the rest of the Internet which is currently struggling
with your multiple domains passing the problem on to every other cache
operator.

Amos

--
Please be using