[squid-users] Squid Reverse proxy cache Storage for Vhosts

From: Prabhakar, Ramprasad \(GE, Corporate, consultant\) <prasad.ram_at_ge.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:57:48 -0400

For a squid reverse proxy cache, is there a way to set squid to use a
single cache storage for all the virtual hosts it hosts ?

For example,
 abc.domain.com, cde.domain.com, fgh.domain.com all point to the same
site.
 Will Squid storage abc.domain.com/image.png, cde.domain.com/image.png
separately in the cache (even though they are same files?) or will it
use the same cache storage ? If not, can we configure squid to use the
same ?

(or .. Should we use any other param with vhost to setup squid to use
same cache storage for all vhosts ?)

- Ram