Re: [squid-users] Getting error msgs when trying to start squid

From: Henrique M. <henriquemarrocos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:20:23 -0700 (PDT)

twinturbo-2 wrote:

> Also what version are you running? is this a hand crafted config or one
> borrowed from somwhere else?
>
> Post up the confg from lines 66 to 106
>
> Rob

I was running the default squid for ubuntu server 8.10 which is the version
2.7 stable. I'm using the default squid.conf that was installed together
with squid 2.7 and I don't really know if I need these command lines or not,
so for now I can comment them to see if I can get squid to work.

In the meantime, since squid 2.7 wasn't working I installed squid3 and tried
to run it, which also didn't work, but this time it only gave me a "fail"
message, it doesn't describes what it wrong.

I would like to keep the newer version of squid installed instead of moving
to the old one again, could you guys tell me where squid3 keep its error
messages?

Thanks